I think the most Slytheriny Slytherin there ever was was Slughorn. He was so freaking ambitious, but he wasn’t a particularly great wizard himself. So he cultivated a little following of great wizards to do all the work for him. He was never evil or mean or cruel like a dark wizard though. He got all this sway in powerful places because he was nice to, encouraged, and manipulated powerful wizards when they were young. And then he literally never had to do anything for the rest of his life. All these great wizards just gave him free stuff and listened to his opinions on politics and business because he had been their mentor. If anyone was being a Slytherin the right way, it was this guy.
okay so imagine an au where the potters live. harry dates oliver wood briefly. james hears of this and pulls harry aside. stares him in the eye with a deadly serious face
“he’s a Keeper”
You made an entire AU that would alter almost every facet of that series
For a pun
You’re a beautiful person.
"Are you serious right now, Dad?"
"No, I’m not serious. I’m Dad. He’s Sirius."
The “point-me” spell Harry uses in GoF was created by a Muslim witch sick of wondering which direction the Kabaa was.
Characters who were not restrained by the preconceived ideas others had of them because of their house:
- Peter Pettigrew (He was not brave or chivalrous and betrayed his best friends when things became tough. Joined the Death Eaters out of fear)
- Percy Weasley (He turned his back on his family and thought himself to be above them)
- Cedric Diggory (He was exceedingly brave and was chosen by the Sorting Hat as the champion of all Hogwarts students)
- Newton Scamander (Successful Magizoologist, not easily forgotten)
- Nymphadora Tonks (Fought bravely with the Order of the Phoenix for many years, very popular with a great sense of humour)
- Zacharias Smith (Selfish and a coward, abandoned the school during the Battle of Hogwarts, even pushing younger students out of the way to escape quicker)
- Gilderoy Lockhart (While talented in memory charms, Lockhart was not original or individual, choosing instead to steal the adventures of other witches and wizards to gain fame)
- Cho Chang (Although presumably a talented and intelligent witch, she was a very poor judge of character, becoming jealous of Harry and Hermione’s close friendship and believing that her best friend Marietta would not tell on the DA)
- Phineas Black II (Risked being disowned from his family in order to display his support for Muggle rights)
- Andromeda Tonks (Married Muggle-Born Ted Tonks and was disowned from her family and survived torture without giving away information about Harry Potter)
- Narcissa Malfoy (Outgrew her fascination for the Dark Arts and put Draco before her own safety when lying to Lord Voldemort about Harry Potter)
- Regulus Black (Defied the Dark Lord and tried to destroy one of his Horcruxes despite knowing that he would eventually be killed for it)
- Horace Slughorn (Sided with the defenders of Hogwarts, actually duelling with the Dark Lord himself, and protected students when Snape and the Carrows were ruling the school)
okay so im hanging out on the harry potter wikia and came across this lil gem
During the Battle of Hogwarts, while all of the Slytherin students left the school before the fighting started, several of them did return with Professor Slughorn and the Hogsmeade reinforcements to join the fight against Voldemort and his Death Eaters;
stop slytherin-shaming 2k14